Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Paignton, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This rural city also attracts tourists with its coffeehouses.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Paignton
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Paignton
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Paignton Beach, Preston Beach, and Goodrington Sands Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Paignton Zoo and Dartmouth Steam Railway.
In Paignton, there are 74 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amber House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Beecroft Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Easton Court - This 4-star guesthouse features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Getting Around Paignton
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Paignton Station. Paignton might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Paignton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 39°F
- From April to June, the average is 65°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Paignton each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F