Travelers to Torquay give high marks for the seaside and lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Spacex.
- There are 218 hotels and other accommodations in Torquay
- The closest major airport is in Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.), 19.2 mi (30.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Torquay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Torre Abbey Sands, Meadfoot Beach, and Kents Cavern Prehistoric Caves. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and S W Coast Path is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Princess Theatre and Living Coasts.
In Torquay, there are 218 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elmdene Hotel - Guests who stay at this 5-star guesthouse in Torquay City Centre can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and walkable location.
- The Briarfields - This 5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- The Wellsway - Guests who stay at this 4-star guesthouse in Torquay City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Spacex, 17.8 mi/28.7 km from the city center.
Getting Around Torquay
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Torquay is easy. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Torquay Station or Torre Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Torquay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 42°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 66°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Torquay gets about 1.02 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 66°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 39°F