Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oceano, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. A top sight in the area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa.
- You'll find 741 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in San Luis Obispo, CA (SBP-San Luis Obispo County Regional), 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Maria, CA (SMX-Santa Maria Public), 16.9 mi (27.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oceano
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Oceano Park, Oceano Lagoon, and Pismo State Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oceana Casino and The Great American Melodrama & Vaudeville.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Oceano. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Pacific Plaza Hotel - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- Oceano Inn - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this hotel. Amenities at this 2-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, located 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Oceano
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 75°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Oceano gets about 0.71 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F