Visitors can enjoy all that Peculiar has to offer including its restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals. Top sights in the area include Hallmark Visitors Center, Liberty Memorial, and Crown Center.
- You'll find 271 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 43.1 mi (69.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Peculiar
Places to visit in the larger region include Harrisonville City Park, Harrisonville Golf Club, and Belton Grandview and Kansas City Railroad and Museum. Additionally, you'll find Ironhorse Golf Club and Overland Park Arboretum and Botanical Gardens in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Highland Inn Peculiar - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Peculiar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- About 43.39 inches of rain falls on Peculiar each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 22°F