Visiting Penn Yan
Travelers to Penn Yan give high marks for the lakeside setting and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its wineries.
- There are 34 hotels and other accommodations in Penn Yan
- The closest major airport is in Ithaca, NY (ITH-Tompkins Regional), 33 mi (53.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Elmira, NY (ELM-Elmira - Corning Regional), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Penn Yan
The city's cultural venues include Oliver House Museum and Arts Center of Yates County. Top activities include wine tasting and hiking, while Prejean Winery, Torrey Ridge Winery, and Fox Run Vineyards are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Keuka Lake Outlet Trail and Keuka College.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Penn Yan. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Willows B&B on Keuka Lake - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Los Gatos Bed & Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Finger Lakes Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Dressing for Penn Yan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 32.28 inches of rain falls on Penn Yan each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F