Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Petaluma, which is also known for its entertainment choices and breweries. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, cafés, and riverfront. Around the area, top sights include Jack London State Historic Park, Sonoma Plaza, and Quarryhill Botanical Garden.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Petaluma
- The closest major airport is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Petaluma
The city is well known for its theaters and cultural venues like Phoenix Theater and Petaluma Historical Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and these places to visit: Helen Putnam Regional Park, Shollenberger Park, and Petaluma Adobe State Historic Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Petaluma Village Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Petaluma. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Suiteoaks Estate - With a stay at this 3.5-star cottage, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable beds.
- Metro Hotel and Cafe - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sheraton Sonoma County - Petaluma - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Jack London State Historic Park, located 10 mi (16 km) from the city center, and Sonoma Plaza, which is 10.7 mi/17.3 km away.
Dressing for Petaluma
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 26.14 inches of rain falls on Petaluma each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 39°F