Visiting Santa Rosa
Travelers to Santa Rosa give high marks for the array of wineries, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its breweries, gardens, and cafés. Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens, Petrified Forest, and Jack London State Historic Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodations in Santa Rosa
- The closest major airport is in Santa Rosa, CA (STS-Sonoma County), 6.9 mi (11.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Novato, CA (NOT-Gnoss Field), 22.3 mi (36 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Rosa
Well known for its festivals, art, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Sonoma County Museum and Charles M. Schulz Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Petrified Forest, Luther Burbank Home and Gardens, and Spring Lake Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Railroad Square Historic District is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Santa Rosa, you'll find 56 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Safari West - With a stay at this 3-star tentalow, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Vintners Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a winery, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi.
- The Astro - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens, located 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Jack London State Historic Park, which is 10.9 mi/17.5 km away.
Dressing for Santa Rosa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 45°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Santa Rosa gets about 1.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F