Visiting Port Hueneme
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Hueneme, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights around the area include Ventura Pier and Mission San Buenaventura.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Port Hueneme
- The closest major airport is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 3.1 mi (5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Hueneme
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Silver Strand Beach. In the area, you'll also find Ventura Pier and Mission San Buenaventura.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Port Hueneme. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Port Hueneme - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Casa Via Mar Inn & Tennis Club - Our customers like the convenient parking and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Americas Best Value Inn Oxnard/Port Hueneme - This 2-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Port Hueneme
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 46°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 50°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 46°F
- About 15.08 inches of rain falls on Port Hueneme each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 46°F