Visiting Studio City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Studio City, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and lively bar scene. Welcoming and walkable, this city will delight tourists with its theme park, entertainment choices, and cafés. Top sights around the area include Universal Studios Hollywood®, Warner Brothers Studio, and Hollywood Bowl.
- You'll find 2709 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 7.7 mi (12.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Studio City
A favorite place to visit in the city is CBS Studio Center. In the area, you'll also find Universal Studios Hollywood® and Warner Brothers Studio.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Studio City. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- El Royale Gardens Near Universal Studios - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its WiFi and comfortable rooms.
- El Royale Hotel Near Universal Studios Hollywood - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- BLVD Hotel & Spa - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Hollywood Bowl, located 3.5 mi (5.7 km) from the heart of the city, and TCL Chinese Theatre, which is 3.9 mi/6.3 km away.
Getting Around Studio City
Head over to Universal City Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Studio City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 41°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 41°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Studio City is 16.65 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F