Families will find kid-friendly activities in Camarillo, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theaters, entertainment choices, and beaches. Top sights around the area include Ventura Pier and Mission San Buenaventura.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Camarillo
- The closest major airport is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Camarillo
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and WWII Aviation Museum is a local cultural venue. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Camarillo Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Camarillo Ranch and Camarillo Public Library.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Camarillo. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Camarillo - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn And Suites Camarillo - Our customers like the comfortable rooms and overall condition at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Camarillo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Ventura Pier, located 14.9 mi (24.1 km) from the city center, and Mission San Buenaventura, which is 15.4 mi (24.8 km) away.
Getting Around Camarillo
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Camarillo Station. Camarillo might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Camarillo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 67°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 42°F
- From April to June, the average is 74°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 77°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 42°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Camarillo is 14.69 inches
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 42°F