Families will find kid-friendly activities in Oxnard, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and festivals. Top sights around the area include Ventura Pier and Mission San Buenaventura.
- There are 91 hotels and other accommodations in Oxnard
- The closest major airport is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 12.4 mi (19.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oxnard
The city is well known for its festivals and cultural venues like Chandler Vintage Museum of Transportation and Wildlife. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Silver Strand Beach and McGrath State Beach. Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Channel Islands Harbor is one place to visit.
In Oxnard, there are 91 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Channel Island Shores - Our customers love the overall value and room size at this condo. This 3-star condo features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services.
- Residence Inn By Marriott Oxnard At River Ridge - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a golf course, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Top places to visit around the area include Ventura Pier, 8.4 mi/13.5 km from the heart of the city, and Mission San Buenaventura, which is 8.9 mi/14.4 km away.
Getting Around Oxnard
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Oxnard is a breeze. To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Oxnard Transit Center. You can find out about your water travel options at the port.
Dressing for Oxnard
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Oxnard gets about 15.08 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F