Visiting Thousand Oaks
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Thousand Oaks, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights in the area include Hollywood Walk of Fame, Dolby Theater, and TCL Chinese Theatre.
- You'll find 2643 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 15.7 mi (25.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 19 mi (30.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thousand Oaks
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Conejo Valley Botanic Garden and Gardens of The World. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and The Oaks is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Civic Arts Plaza and California Lutheran University.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Thousand Oaks. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Thousand Oaks - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks, CA - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Newbury Park features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Thousand Oaks - With a stay at this 2.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
Dressing for Thousand Oaks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 56°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- About 15.91 inches of rain falls on Thousand Oaks each year
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 44°F