Visiting North Hollywood
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Hollywood, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theme park, live music, and bars. Top sights around the area include Universal Studios Hollywood®, Warner Brothers Studio, and Hollywood Sign.
- You'll find 2636 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Los Angeles
- The closest major airport is in Burbank, CA (BUR-Bob Hope), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 6.1 mi (9.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Hollywood
Universal Studios Hollywood®, Warner Brothers Studio, and Hollywood Sign are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Hollywood Bowl and TCL Chinese Theatre.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in North Hollywood. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lexen Hotel-North Hollywood Near Universal - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and walkable location.
- Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Garland - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Dolby Theater, located 6.2 mi (10 km) from the city center, and Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is 6.4 mi/10.3 km away.
Getting Around North Hollywood
Head to North Hollywood Station for metro transit. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for North Hollywood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 71°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 41°F at night
- North Hollywood gets about 16.65 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F