Visiting Ventura - Oxnard
Travelers to Ventura - Oxnard give high marks for the beaches, fun sporting events, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals, cafés, and live music. Top sights in the city include Ventura Pier, Mission San Buenaventura, and Ventura Harbor.
- There are 186 hotels and other accommodations in Ventura - Oxnard
- The closest major airport is in Oxnard, CA (OXR), 2.1 mi (3.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 12.8 mi (20.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ventura - Oxnard
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Carnegie Art Museum, Channel Islands Maritime Museum, and Chandler Vintage Museum of Transportation and Wildlife. The city is notable for landmarks like Mission San Buenaventura, San Buenaventura Mission, and Olivas Adobe Historical Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Mandalay County Park, Silver Strand Beach, and Emma Wood State Beach.
In Ventura - Oxnard, there are 186 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Waypoint Ventura - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free parking and free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Oxnard/Camarillo - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Other top sights in Ventura - Oxnard include Ventura Pier and Ventura Harbor. Top places to see around the area include Santa Barbara Zoo, 28.5 mi/45.9 km from the city center, and Lotusland, which is 28.9 mi/46.5 km away.
Getting Around Ventura - Oxnard
With so many ways to get around, seeing Ventura - Oxnard is a breeze. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Oxnard Transit Center or Ventura Station. You can find out about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Ventura - Oxnard
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 46°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 50°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Ventura - Oxnard gets about 15.08 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 46°F