Visiting Simi Valley
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Simi Valley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and lively bar scene. Welcoming and quaint, this city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodations in Simi Valley
- The closest major airport is in Van Nuys, CA (VNY), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Paula, CA (SZP), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Simi Valley
The picturesque setting of Corriganville Park and Strathearn Historical Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Simi Valley Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Simi Valley Cultural Arts Center and Lost Canyons Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Simi Valley. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Ventura Simi Valley - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley - Our customers like the overall value and pool at this motel. This 2.5-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
- Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Six Flags Magic Mountain, located 11.8 mi (19 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Simi Valley
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Simi Valley Station. Simi Valley might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Simi Valley
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 74°F and the nighttime average to be 41°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 40°F at night
- About 0.79 inches of rain falls on Simi Valley each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 42°F