Families will find kid-friendly activities in Goleta, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events, shopping, and cafés. Around the area, top sights include Mission Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara County Courthouse, and Presidio Santa Barbara.
- You'll find 356 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 18.4 mi (29.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goleta
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Coal Oil Point Reserve, Goleta Butterfly Grove, and El Capitan State Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Center for Urban Agriculture at Fairview Gardens and South Coast Railroad Museum.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Goleta. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn by Marriott Santa Barbara Goleta - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
- Courtyard Santa Barbara Goleta - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara - This 5-star hotel features a winery, 3 outdoor pools, and a full-service spa. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Mission Santa Barbara, located 6.5 mi (10.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Santa Barbara County Courthouse, which is 7.2 mi/11.5 km away.
Getting Around Goleta
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Goleta Station. Goleta may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Goleta
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- Goleta gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 41°F