Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Provincetown, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and entertainment choices. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its monuments. Top sights in the city include Pilgrim Monument and Herring Cove Beach.
- There are 106 hotels and other accommodations in Provincetown
- The closest major airport is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Provincetown
Cultural venues in the city include Meetinghouse Theatre and Concert Hall, Art House, and Provincetown Museum. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks such as Pilgrim Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Herring Cove Beach, Pilgrims' First Landing Park, and Beech Forest.
In Provincetown, you'll be able to select from 106 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Queen Vic Guest House Provincetown Adults Only - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour business center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Bayberry Accommodations - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Secret Garden Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a free airport shuttle. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
A popular place to see outside the city is Highland Lighthouse, located 6.4 mi (10.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Provincetown
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 41.97 inches of rain falls on Provincetown each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F