Visitors to Wellfleet are sure to enjoy the beaches and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and theaters. Pilgrim Monument, Nauset Lighthouse, and Highland Lighthouse are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Wellfleet
- The closest major airport is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 13.9 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wellfleet
The city's cultural venues include Wellfleet Historical Society Museum and Wellfleet Harbor Actors Theater. The beaches and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Mayo Beach, Indian Neck Beach, and Cahoon Hollow Beach. Biking is a top activity, and Great Island Trail is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Wellfleet. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Even'tide Resort Motel and Cottages - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Southfleet Motor Inn - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Wellfleet Motel and Lodge - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Pilgrim Monument, 11.7 mi/18.8 km from the heart of the city, and Nauset Lighthouse, which is 6.3 mi/10.2 km away.
Dressing for Wellfleet
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 73°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 47.01 inches of rain falls on Wellfleet each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 74°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F