Visitors to Rensselaer are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its riverfront. Around the area, top sights include New York State Museum, The Egg, and Times Union Center.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rensselaer
A favorite place to visit in the city is Crailo State Historic Site. In the area, you'll also find New York State Museum and The Egg.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites East Greenbush - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Times Union Center, 0.8 mi/1.2 km from the heart of the city, and New York State Capitol Building, which is 1 mi (1.6 km) away.
Getting Around Rensselaer
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Albany-Rensselaer Station. Rensselaer might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Rensselaer
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 14°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 16°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rensselaer is 39.41 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 16°F