Visitors can enjoy all that Cohoes has to offer including the opera houses, entertainment choices, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its waterfalls. Top sights around the area include The Egg, New York State Museum, and Palace Theater.
- You'll find 139 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, NY (ALB-Albany Intl.), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Schenectady, NY (SCH-Schenectady County), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cohoes
A favorite place to visit in the city is Falls View Park. Additionally, in the area you'll find The Egg and New York State Museum.
As you start planning your visit to Cohoes, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 88 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Execustay At Shelter Cove is 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the center of Cohoes. Located in Cohoes, this hotel room features a kitchen and a refrigerator.
- Best Western Albany Airport Inn is located 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the heart of Cohoes. This 3-star hotel in Albany features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-Downtown is 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from central Cohoes. This 2.5-star hotel in Albany features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include Palace Theater, located 9 mi (14.5 km) from the city center, and Washington Park, which is 9 mi/14.5 km away.
Dressing for Cohoes
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 14°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 16°F
- Cohoes gets about 39.41 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F