Visiting San Ignacio
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Ignacio, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its mountain views.
- There are 50 hotels and other accommodations in San Ignacio
- The closest major airport is in San Ignacio (CYD-Town Airstrip), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Belmopan (BCV-Hector Silva), 21.4 mi (34.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Ignacio
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Cahal Pech Mayan Ruins. The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Green Iguana Conservation Project, Five Sisters Falls, and Big Rock Waterfalls. Additionally, you might want to add San Ignacio Market to your agenda.
In San Ignacio, there are 50 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Table Rock Jungle Lodge - This 3-star lodge features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Casa del Caballo Blanco - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
- Gaia Riverlodge - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking. Expedia customers love its dining options and pool.
Dressing for San Ignacio
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 67°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 67°F at night
- San Ignacio gets about 75.00 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 68°F