Visitors to Shelbyville are sure to enjoy the entertainment choices, shopping, and opera houses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and cafés. A top sight in the area is Kentucky State Capitol.
- You'll find 303 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Louisville
- The closest major airport is in Louisville, KY (LOU-Bowman Field), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Louisville, KY (SDF-Louisville Intl.), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shelbyville
The city is well known for its opera and cultural venues like Shelby County Community Theatre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Weissinger Hills Golf Course and Gallrein Farms.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shelbyville. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shelbyville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Econo Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Ramada by Wyndham Shelbyville/Louisville East - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Kentucky State Capitol, located 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Shelbyville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 23°F at night
- Shelbyville gets about 43.58 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F