Travelers to Silverton give high marks for the beautiful gardens and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and live music.
- You'll find 115 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Salem
- The closest major airport is in Salem, OR (SLE-McNary Field), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 43.8 mi (70.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Silverton
The gardens and waterfalls exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Oregon Garden and Silver Falls State Park. You'll also find Corban College and Chemeketa Community College in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Oregon Garden Resort - This 3-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
Dressing for Silverton
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 59°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 39.61 inches of rain falls on Silverton each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 34°F