History buffs will enjoy exploring Sonora, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals and live music.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodations in Sonora
- The closest major airport is in Mariposa, CA (RMY-Mariposa-Yosemite), 37.8 mi (60.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Sonora
The city is well known for its festivals and live music, and cultural venues include Veterans Memorial Hall and Military Museum, Tuolumne County Historical Society, and Sierra Repertory Theater - East Sonora. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mother Lode Fairgrounds and Stanislaus National Forest.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Sonora. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bradford Place Inn & Gardens - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center - Our customers like the convenient parking and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi.
- Lazy Z Resort - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its pool and quiet location.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Calaveras Big Trees State Park, located 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Sonora
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 93°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 85°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sonora is 29.53 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 95°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 38°F