Families will find kid-friendly activities in Springfield, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights around the area include Arlington National Cemetery, Lincoln Memorial, and Jefferson Memorial.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in Springfield
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Manassas, VA (MNZ-Manassas Regional), 15.5 mi (25 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Springfield
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Springfield Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Accotink Park and National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Springfield. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Embassy Suites Springfield - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Springfield Old Keene Mill - Our customers love the overall value and quiet rooms at this aparthotel. This 3-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Homewood Suites Springfield VA - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit outside the city include Arlington National Cemetery, located 11.2 mi (17.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 12.6 mi (20.3 km) away.
Getting Around Springfield
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Springfield is simple. Head over to Franconia Springfield Station for metro transit. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Burke Centre Station.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- Springfield gets about 40.91 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F