History buffs will enjoy exploring Tamworth, and visitors give high marks for the theme park and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Around the area, top sights include Bullring Shopping Centre, Ashby de la Zouch Castle, and National Exhibition Centre.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Tamworth
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tamworth
Favorite family attractions include Drayton Manor Theme Park and Ash End House Children's Farm. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tamworth Castle. Additionally, you might want to add The Snow Dome to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Tamworth. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Peel Aldergate - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Drayton Manor Hotel - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Bullring Shopping Centre, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center, and International Convention Centre, which is 14.7 mi/23.6 km away.
Getting Around Tamworth
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Tamworth Station, Wilnecote Station, or Polesworth Station. Tamworth might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Tamworth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tamworth is 30.16 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F