Visitors to Tropea are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, gardens, and churches.
- There are 138 hotels and other accommodations in Tropea
- The closest major airport is in Lamezia Terme (SUF-Lamezia Terme Intl.), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tropea
Notable city landmarks like Norman Cathedral and Santa Maria dell'Isola Monastery might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the seaside and these places to visit: Tropea Beach, Baia di Riaci, and Riaci Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Diocesan Museum and Port of Tropea.
In Tropea, there are 138 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residenza RoMa - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Villa Paola - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- La Dolce Vita a Tropea - Amenities at this guesthouse include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Tropea
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Tropea Station. Tropea might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Tropea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 64°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 45°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 61°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Tropea is 1.18 inches
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 45°F