Visitors to Uniondale are sure to enjoy the live music, restaurants, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, shopping, and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Long Beach, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park.
- There are 494 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Uniondale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum. Additionally, in the area you'll find Long Beach and Belmont Park.
Below is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Long Island Marriott - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and room size.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Citi Field, located 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city center.
Dressing for Uniondale
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- Uniondale gets about 43.74 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F