Find Hotels in Freeport, NY
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 8, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 26, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
Visitors to Freeport are sure to enjoy the restaurants, beaches, and live music. This city also attracts tourists with its walkable location. Around the area, top sights include Long Beach, Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, and Belmont Park.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Freeport
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 10.5 mi (16.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Sea Breeze Waterfront Park. Additionally, you might want to add Crow's Nest Mini Golf to your agenda.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Freeport Inn and Marina - This 3-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and beach locale.
Top places to see outside the city include Long Beach, 6.5 mi/10.4 km from the heart of the city, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, which is 4.9 mi/7.8 km away.
Getting Around Freeport
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Freeport is simple. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Freeport Station. You can learn about water transportation options at the marina.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 28°F
- Freeport gets about 42.76 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 28°F