Visiting East Meadow
Visitors can enjoy all that East Meadow has to offer including the monuments, shopping, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events and breweries. Top sights around the area include Long Beach, Sky Zone, and Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
- There are 406 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Farmingdale, NY (FRG-Republic), 7.4 mi (11.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.), 12.8 mi (20.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Meadow
Favorite places to visit in the city include Eisenhower Park, Twin Rinks Ice Center, and Nassau County Aquatic Center. In the area, you'll also find Long Beach and Sky Zone.
As you make plans for a getaway to East Meadow, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 67 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- LaGuardia Plaza Hotel is 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the center of East Meadow. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in East Elmhurst can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Radisson Hotel JFK Airport is 13 mi (20.9 km) from central East Meadow. This 3.5-star hotel in Jamaica features a restaurant, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport.
- Wyndham Garden Fresh Meadows Flushing is located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the heart of East Meadow. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Fresh Meadows can enjoy access to free breakfast and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Popular places to visit around the area include Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, located 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Belmont Park, which is 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away.
Dressing for East Meadow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 26°F as the nighttime average
- About 43.74 inches of rain falls on East Meadow each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 81°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F