Families will find kid-friendly activities in Verdi, and visitors give high marks for the casinos and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its shopping, sporting events, and entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include Sierra Safari Zoo, Great Basin Adventure, and Nevada Historical Society.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Reno
- The closest major airport is in Reno, NV (RNO-Reno-Tahoe Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 16.1 mi (25.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Verdi
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sierra Safari Zoo, Great Basin Adventure, and Nevada Historical Society. In the area, you'll also find Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center and Nevada Museum of Art.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Boomtown Casino Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features a casino, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Top places to see outside the city include National Bowling Stadium, 9.4 mi/15.2 km from the heart of the city, and National Automobile Museum, which is 9.7 mi (15.5 km) away.
Dressing for Verdi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 21°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 73°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Verdi gets about 10.43 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F