Visitors to Vernonia are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 36 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 35.1 mi (56.4 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Vernonia
Places to visit in the larger region include McCormick Park, Tualatin Estate Vineyard, and Grey Cliffs Waterfront Park. Additionally, you'll find St. Helens Marina and Columbia County Museum in the area.
As you plan your trip to Vernonia, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 36 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Larkspur Landing Hillsboro - An All-Suite Hotel is 25.6 mi (41.3 km) from central Vernonia. Guests who stay at this 3-star aparthotel in Hillsboro can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview is 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the center of Vernonia. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kelso can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso / Longview is located 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the heart of Vernonia. This 2.5-star hotel in Kelso features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
Dressing for Vernonia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 77°F during the day and 39°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 47.95 inches of rain falls on Vernonia each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 30°F