Those traveling to Scappoose are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. Top sights around the area include Portland International Raceway and Portland Meadows Racetrack.
- There are 410 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Portland, OR (PDX-Portland Intl.), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Scappoose
Notable places to visit in the surrounding region include Portland International Raceway and Portland Meadows Racetrack. In the area, you'll also find Wildwood Golf Course and McCormick Park.
As you plan for your vacation to Scappoose, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 410 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Paramount Hotel is 23 mi (36.9 km) from central Scappoose. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Portland can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Portland International Airport, OR is 23.5 mi (37.9 km) from the center of Scappoose. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Portland can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and overall value.
- Ramada by Wyndham Portland Airport is located 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the heart of Scappoose. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Portland can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Moda Center, 22.7 mi/36.6 km from the city center, and Portland Japanese Garden, which is 22.2 mi (35.8 km) away.
Dressing for Scappoose
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 76°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 32°F
- Scappoose gets about 42.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 80°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 33°F