Visiting Walnut Grove
Travelers to Walnut Grove will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Stockton, CA (SCK-Stockton Municipal), 28.8 mi (46.4 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Sacramento, CA (SMF-Sacramento Intl.), 31.2 mi (50.3 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Walnut Grove
Places to visit in the larger region include Cosumnes River Preserve, Rio Vista Museum, and Bruning Park. You'll also find Golf Club at Rio Vista and Galt City Hall in the area.
As you plan your trip to Walnut Grove, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 54 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Budget Inn and Suites is located 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the heart of Walnut Grove. This 2-star motel in Stockton features free WiFi, free parking, and a business center.
- Extended Stay America Sacramento - Elk Grove is 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from central Walnut Grove. This 2.5-star hotel in Elk Grove features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and comfortable rooms.
- Motel 6 Lodi is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the center of Walnut Grove. This 2-star motel in Lodi features 2 outdoor pools, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its convenient parking and WiFi.
Dressing for Walnut Grove
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 70°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 18.58 inches of rain falls on Walnut Grove each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F