Visiting West Helena
Visitors can enjoy all that West Helena has to offer including the restaurants and parks. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in West Helena
- The closest major airport is in Tunica, MS (UTM-Tunica Municipal), 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Memphis, TN (MEM-Memphis Intl.), 49.6 mi (79.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in West Helena
A favorite place to visit in the city is J.R. House Athletic Complex. You'll also find Pillow Thompson House and Helena Museum of Phillips County in the area.
Here's a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for West Helena
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 31°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 53.46 inches of rain falls on West Helena each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 33°F