Visitors to Whitefield are sure to enjoy the mountain views, ski areas, and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic and relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Cannon Mountain Ski Area, Mount Washington State Park, and Franconia Notch State Park.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Whitefield
- The closest major airport is in Whitefield, NH (HIE-Mount Washington Regional), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lyndonville, VT (LLX-Caledonia County), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitefield
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge. Additionally, you might want to add Weathervane Theatre to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Whitefield. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Lion & the Rose B&B - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and room size.
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with WiFi.
- The Barron Brook Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Cannon Mountain Ski Area, 15.5 mi/25 km from the city center, and Mount Washington State Park, which is 16.8 mi/27.1 km away.
Dressing for Whitefield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 45°F and the nighttime average to be 1°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 5°F at night
- Whitefield gets about 38.90 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 4°F