Wilmington Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 10 inexpensive motels in Wilmington among more than 1007 lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash compared to traditional hotels, which have more amenities but ones you may never use.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can make the most of what Wilmington has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Wrightsville Beach, Mayfaire Town Center, and Carolina Beach.
Fun fact: Beginning in the early 1950s, eye-catching neon signs enticed road-weary travelers, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you're likely to find an outdoor pool and a free parking spot.
Below are some of our customers' best-rated Wilmington motels to choose from:
Super 8 by Wyndham Wilmington
- Stay within a quick 5-minute drive of University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour business center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
Carolina Beach Inn
- Free parking and coffee in the lobby are available during your stay, along with room amenities like pillowtop beds.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Carolina Beach Boardwalk and Carolina Beach.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Stay within a 5-minute drive of Carolina Beach and Carolina Beach Boardwalk.
- You'll be located within a 5-minute drive of Carolina Beach and Carolina Beach Boardwalk.
- Free WiFi, free parking, and a seasonal outdoor pool are available during your stay.
Days Inn by Wyndham Wilmington / University
- Stay within a quick 3-minute drive of University of North Carolina at Wilmington.
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Wilmington
Take time out to enjoy the popular beaches in this historical, walkable area while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Wilmington have good things to say about its aquarium, live music, and restaurants.
Here are some popular places:
- Wrightsville Beach
- Mayfaire Town Center
- Carolina Beach
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Greenfield Lake Park and Gardens
- Hugh Macrae Park
- Halyburton Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher
- Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park
- Tregembo Animal Park
Best Time to Visit Wilmington
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Wilmington by checking these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while January and December are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 71° F and nighttime temperatures average 31° F
- April-June: 90° F is the daytime average and 45° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 91° F and nighttime averages are around 58° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 80° F during the day and 32° F at night
- Average rainfall is 57.83 inches in a year
How to Get to Wilmington and Around the Area
|Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.) ||Airport ||3.1 mi (5 km) |
|Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis) ||Airport ||45.5 mi (73.3 km) |