Families will find kid-friendly activities in Albufeira, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lively bar scene. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and spas. Top sights in the city include Zoomarine and Falesia Beach.
- There are 757 hotels and other accommodations in Albufeira
- The closest major airport is in Faro (FAO-Faro Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Portimao (PRM), 18.6 mi (29.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Albufeira
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Falesia Beach, Fisherman's Beach, and Albufeira Beach. Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Albufeira Marina and Agua Doce Beach are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Zoomarine and Clock Tower.
In Albufeira, you'll find 757 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Vila Joya Home, Restaurant & Spa - This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 2 restaurants. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- Pine Cliffs Residence, a Luxury Collection Resort, Algarve - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this resort. This 5-star resort features 6 outdoor pools, a golf course, and 9 restaurants.
- Villas Joinal - With a stay at this 3-star villa, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its helpful staff and high-quality beds.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rocha Beach, 15.7 mi/25.2 km from the heart of the city, and Vilamoura Marina, which is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) away.
Dressing for Albufeira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Albufeira gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 48°F