Visiting Beaver Creek
Travelers to Beaver Creek give high marks for the riverfront, ski areas, and magnificent mountain views. This city also attracts tourists with its small-town vibe. Beaver Creek Resort, Vail Ski Resort, and Betty Ford Alpine Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 158 hotels and other accommodations in Beaver Creek
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 32.4 mi (52.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaver Creek
The riverfront, mountain views, and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Beaver Lake Trailhead, Mount of the Holy Cross, and Holy Cross Wilderness Area are worth a visit. Skiing, ice skating, and biking are top activities, while sights to visit include Beaver Creek Resort, Beaver Creek Nordic Center, and Beaver Creek Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Vilar Performing Arts Center and Beaver Creek Hiking Center.
In Beaver Creek, you'll be able to select from 158 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elkhorn Lodge - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star condo in Beaver Creek can enjoy access to the ski slopes and free valet parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its walkable location.
- The Borders Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this resort. This 3-star resort in Beaver Creek features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- The Osprey at Beaver Creek, A RockResort - This 4-star resort in Beaver Creek features ski slopes, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Beaver Creek Resort, 1.8 mi/2.9 km from the city center, and Vail Ski Resort, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Dressing for Beaver Creek
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 10°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 28°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 37°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 10°F at night
- About 11.34 inches of rain falls on Beaver Creek each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 82°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°F