Visiting Boca Raton
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Boca Raton, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and university setting. Top sights in the city include Mizner Park and Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
- You'll find 685 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Beach - West Palm Beach
- The closest major airport is in Boca Raton, FL (BCT), 2.6 mi (4.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 12 mi (19.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Boca Raton
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Gumbo Limbo Nature Center and South Beach Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Town Center at Boca Raton is a favorite for retail therapy. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Boca Raton Municipal Golf Course and Osprey Point Golf Course are sights to visit.
In Boca Raton, there are 63 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Boca Raton/Downtown - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Boca Beach Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Boca Raton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Boca Raton include Mizner Park. Outside the city, top places to visit include Deerfield Beach Pier, 2.4 mi/3.9 km from the heart of the city, and Fort Lauderdale Stadium, which is 11.8 mi/19 km away.
Getting Around Boca Raton
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Boca Raton Station. Boca Raton might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Boca Raton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 58°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 86°F during the day and 59°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Boca Raton is 60.04 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 60°F