Travelers to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Around the area, top sights include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, and Bonnet House Museum and Gardens.
- You'll find 1732 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Lauderdale
- The closest major airport is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FXE-Fort Lauderdale Executive), 4.8 mi (7.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.), 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as El Prado Park and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Anglins Fishing Pier to your agenda.
In Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, you'll be able to select from 72 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sea Spray Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Tides Inn Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Blue Seas Courtyard - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with a private pool. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and central location.
Top places to visit outside the city include Fort Lauderdale Stadium, located 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from the city center, and Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, which is 4.2 mi (6.8 km) away.
Dressing for Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 57°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 58°F as the nighttime average
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea gets about 57.32 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F