Find Hotels in Cape May, NJ
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 3, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 26, 2020
Visiting Cape May
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Cape May, which is also known for its local tours. A top sight in the city is Cape May Lighthouse.
- You'll find 373 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cape May - Wildwood
- The closest major airport is in Cape May, NJ (WWD-Cape May County), 5 mi (8.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape May
Cultural venues in the city include Cape May Stage Professional Equity Theater, Easy Lynne Theater Company, and Cape May Stage. The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Poverty Beach, South Cape May Meadows, and Cape May Point State Park. Taking local tours is just one of the top activities, while Cape Island Marina and Cape May Terminal are sights to visit.
In Cape May, there are 96 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Harrison - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- ICONA Cape May - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Peter Shields Inn & Restaurant - With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Cape May include Cape May Lighthouse.
Dressing for Cape May
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 28°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- Cape May gets about 41.93 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 29°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Cape May?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cape May, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Cape May?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Cape May?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation to Cape May?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Cape May?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Cape May?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to Sunset Beach?
What about the best place to stay close to Washington Street Mall?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Cape May?
What's the best luxury hotel in Cape May?
Recent reviews of Cape May hotels
More trip options
- Cape May Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cape May Airports
- Hotels in Cape May Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Cape May Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cape May
- More Hotel Options in Cape May
- More Popular Hotels in New Jersey
- Other Hotels near Cape May, New Jersey
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends