Find Hotels in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, CA
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Nov 9, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 27, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 11, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 12, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 14, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 21, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 11, 2019
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 10, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 29, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 20, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafés. Top sights around the area include Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 7.4 mi (11.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 16.3 mi (26.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
The beaches and sunsets exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Encinitas Community Park and Swamis Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Legoland California and La Jolla Cove.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Encinitas-Cardiff Beach Area - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Cardiff by the Sea Lodge - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Carlsbad Premium Outlets, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which is 16.5 mi/26.5 km away.
Dressing for Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 66°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 48°F
- From April to June, the average is 72°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea gets about 0.35 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 75°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 49°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
Where is the best place to stay near Eli Howard Surf School?
What about the best place to stay close to Encinitas Community Park?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
What are some accommodations with pools in Cardiff-by-the-Sea?
Recent reviews of Cardiff-by-the-Sea hotels
More trip options
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Cardiff-by-the-Sea Airports
- Hotels near Popular Cardiff-by-the-Sea Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- More Hotel Options in Cardiff-by-the-Sea
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in California
- Other Hotels near Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends