Find Hotels in Encinitas, CA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $104
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Nov 24, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 30, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 16, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 18, 2020
Reviewed on May 21, 2020
Reviewed on Dec 21, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 5, 2020
Reviewed on Mar 11, 2020
Reviewed on Oct 31, 2020
Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Encinitas, which is also known for its seafood restaurants and cafés. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Legoland California, La Jolla Cove, and Carlsbad Premium Outlets.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodations in Encinitas
- The closest major airport is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (MYF-Montgomery Field), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Encinitas
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including San Diego Botanic Garden, Moonlight State Beach, and Swamis Beach. Additionally, in the area you'll find Legoland California and La Jolla Cove.
In Encinitas, you'll be able to select from 94 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Kate Stanton Inn - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Leucadia can enjoy access to free parking and a free manager's reception, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Leucadia Beach Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and overall condition at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Leucadia features free WiFi and free parking.
- Econo Lodge Encinitas Moonlight Beach - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Leucadia can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Carlsbad Premium Outlets, located 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from the heart of the city, and San Diego Zoo Safari Park, which is 15 mi/24.2 km away.
Dressing for Encinitas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 48°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 54°F at night
- July through September averages 75°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Encinitas gets about 0.35 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 49°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Encinitas?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Encinitas, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Encinitas?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Encinitas?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Leucadia?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Encinitas?
What's the best place to stay for a couple visiting Encinitas?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Encinitas?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Moonlight State Beach?
What about the best place to stay close to San Diego Botanic Garden?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Encinitas?
What are some accommodations with pools in Encinitas?
Recent reviews of Encinitas hotels
More trip options
- Encinitas Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Encinitas Airports
- Hotels in Encinitas Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Encinitas Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Encinitas
- More Hotel Options in Encinitas
- More Popular Hotels in California
- Other Hotels near Encinitas, California
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends