Find Hotels in Castel Gandolfo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Oct 28, 2019
Reviewed on Aug 22, 2017
Visiting Castel Gandolfo
Visitors to Castel Gandolfo are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's volcano viewpoints and golf courses. Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, and Spanish Steps are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 6535 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Rome
- The closest major airport is in Rome (CIA-Ciampino), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Rome (FCO-Fiumicino - Leonardo da Vinci Intl.), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castel Gandolfo
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Lake Albano and Lake Albano. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo and Castelgandolfo Country Club.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Castel Gandolfo. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Castelgandolfo - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Hotel Castel Vecchio - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking.
Top places to see outside the city include Colosseum, 13 mi/20.9 km from the city center, and Trevi Fountain, which is 13.8 mi/22.3 km away.
Getting Around Castel Gandolfo
To see more of the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Castel Gandolfo Station or Villetta Station. Castel Gandolfo may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Castel Gandolfo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 46°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 57°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 40°F as the nighttime average
- Castel Gandolfo gets about 1.14 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Castel Gandolfo?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Castel Gandolfo, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best place to stay with easy access to Lake Albano?
What about the best place to stay near Lake Albano?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best luxury accommodation in Castel Gandolfo?
What's the best golf hotel in Castel Gandolfo?
What are some hotels with pools in Castel Gandolfo?
Recent reviews of Castel Gandolfo hotels
More trip options
- Castel Gandolfo Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Castel Gandolfo Airports
- Hotels near Popular Castel Gandolfo Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Castel Gandolfo
- More Hotel Options in Castel Gandolfo
- More Popular Hotels in Rome
- Other Hotels near Castel Gandolfo, Rome
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends