Visiting Cedar Key
Visitors can enjoy all that Cedar Key has to offer including the waterfront and seafood restaurants. A top sight in the city is Cedar Key Museum State Park.
- You'll find 72 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Chiefland
- The closest major airport is in Gainesville, FL (GNV-Gainesville Regional), 54.1 mi (87 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Cedar Key
The city's cultural venues include Cedar Key Museum State Park and Cedar Key Historical Society Museum. The picturesque setting of Shell Mound Park and Waccasassa Bay Preserve State Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cedar Key Chamber of Commerce and Cedar Key Pier.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Cedar Key. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Natures Landing Condominiums - This 3-star condo features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club - This 3-star condo resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Beach Front Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Cedar Key
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 81°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 47°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 55°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 47°F as the nighttime average
- Cedar Key gets about 1.97 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 48°F