Visiting South Charleston
Families will find kid-friendly activities in South Charleston, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its shopping and coffeehouses.
- You'll find 42 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charleston
- The closest major airport is in Charleston, WV (CRW-Yeager), 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in South Charleston
Places to visit in the larger region include Southridge Center, Charleston Town Center, and Avampato Discovery Museum. In the area, you'll also find Clay Center for the Arts and Sciences and Appalachian Power Park.
Here's a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Charleston - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and overall value.
Dressing for South Charleston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 27°F at night
- South Charleston gets about 44.02 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F