Although this region is chock-full of sites to keep you busy, Cheyenne Mountain State Park should certainly be at the top of your itinerary.
You'll find it in Colorado Springs, a thriving city that many tourists enjoy getting familiar with.
Don't waste your time traveling across town if you can stay at one of the 26 hotels that are 6 miles away from Cheyenne Mountain State Park. The Broadmoor and Cheyenne Mountain Resort are a few good choices.
There is no need to spend every hard-earned penny on your hotel room. Opt to stay at one of the convenient budget accommodation options that are in the surrounding area. A few places that are popular among visitors include the Quality Inn South and the Super 8 - Colorado Springs/South/Circle Dr.
Other Places to Visit near Cheyenne Mountain State Park
Before you move on, take a look at what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Have fun learning more about the history of our planet as you browse the exhibits and displays at May Natural History Museum.
- As you make your way around Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, see and learn about the many different species that reside here.
- At Country Club of Colorado, exclusive members can meet up for some sociable events.
- You'll find it hard not to appreciate the structural design of Will Rogers Memorial Shrine of the Sun, a famous historic tower that has managed to stand the test of time.
- If you're a golfer, stop by Broadmoor Golf Club. It's the perfect place to practice your swing while you enjoy the local birdlife.