Bargain hunters enjoy visiting Fountain though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and riverfront. Top sights around the area include Cheyenne Mountain State Park and United States Olympic Complex.
- You'll find 567 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Colorado Springs
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Pueblo, CO (PUB-Pueblo Memorial), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fountain
A favorite place to visit in the city is Pikes Peak International Raceway. In the area, you'll also find Cheyenne Mountain State Park and United States Olympic Complex.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Ute Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include Garden of the Gods, located 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the city center, and Manitou Springs Cave Dwellings, which is 20.7 mi/33.4 km away.
Dressing for Fountain
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 69°F and nighttime averages of 15°F
- Fountain gets about 0.63 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F