Visitors can enjoy all that Chilmark has to offer including the beaches, wineries, and festivals. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and university setting.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodations in Chilmark
- The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 7.7 mi (12.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in New Bedford, MA (EWB-New Bedford Regional), 24.8 mi (39.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chilmark
The city's natural beauty is on display at Menemsha Beach, Lucy Vincent Beach, and Aquinnah Cliffs. Additionally, you might want to add Gay Head Lighthouse to your agenda.
As you make plans for a getaway to Chilmark, the best accommodation may not be in the city center but you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Menemsha Inn & Cottages is located in the heart of Chilmark. This 3-star inn in Chilmark features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Spectacular Oceanfront, 4 Br/4 Bath, Hottub, Private Beach, Tennis, AC, Wifi is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from the center of Chilmark. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Falmouth can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Quiet Home With Beach & Dock Access, Peek-a-boo Ocean Views! is located 1.2 mi (2 km) from the heart of Chilmark. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in North Falmouth can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and central location.
Dressing for Chilmark
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 23°F as the nighttime average
- Chilmark gets about 45.16 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 77°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F